Tuesday, April 20, 2010

France

Today is France +3, that means i have been forced to stay here for 3 more days than my original plan called for. It has been both good and bad, i must admit that it is a struggle to loose control of your situation. I do not speak french, my money situation is tragic, and i can be an intense person for my fellow travelers to deal with. However, i am still in France. I eat great food, walk for miles and climb great blocks. Often when i tell people what i am privileged enough to do they say imagine a fairy tale, and it is sometimes. Everything has a cost, i trade financial stability and a high stress level for weeks in foreign climbing destinations. anyway, i dont have too much time, i am leaving in a few minutes to take the metro to Gare de Lyon and then the RER to bois-le-roi to climb in roche canyon, it takes about an hour and from there i will walk for about 3 km to the climbing area. It is the middle of the most beautiful forest, it feels like a dream. wish me luck. here are a couple pictures i have to share.....



No comments:

Post a Comment