Thursday, January 28, 2010

An ode to Morrison

I have so much energy. I climb 6 days a week even though it probably makes me a worse climber. I do this because I'm addicted. I understand something of addiction, i have seen it in my life.  I will climb in a gym or outside it makes no difference to me. It’s not really about sending or conquering a climb. So i will climb choss and love it still.
tradeshow 171
Yesterday i went to Morrison by myself as i do on many days and played around. I have been climbing there off and on for a long time as have many other Denver climbers. People seem to hate that place but i always see climbers there. Cutting there teeth and there tips on the potato peeler and flying off Helicopter. This place deserves some credit.
Bouldering_MadRock-3 ( Emily and Alexa crushing in the Black hole)
If you can climb v whatever there you can do it most anywhere.  I realize that rhymes and it wasn't meant to so i will now write some that is.
Morison_darkside 036
oh Morrison you really are a pile
yet you lay just a few miles
down the road , over the bend, just there at the end
you routes are so contrived
but you have still survived , oil coatings, erosion and slander
it’s nothing but banter
more like a monkey and less like a leach have so much to teach
crimpers and slopers not jokers and hopers
this place will make you a man
you may be cheesy and sleazy but not one bit easy
you have broken a hope or two
so in time, with out costing a dime
i will become your apprentice
or at least something momentous
traversing and under clinging around
so skip that hand hold and don't use that foot
it off alright  even if you could
Bouldering_MadRock-5
(above) This is me on going to the air port or Jordan or so variation of the two. The Photo was taken by my good friend Dan Gambino. You can go to his site  by climbing on the link to the right.
(Below) a picture from the dark side. I have no idea the name of this boulder or of the problem.
Morison_darkside 009
  Morison_darkside 015
( above) this photo is of Alexa Himestieb as she sends the squirming coil v6 at the Dark Side.
(below) is Adam Mckenzie climbing Government issue one of his first V10’s.
tradeshow 175

Dannyv5
(above) Climbing is Danny, this photo was taken on Danny camera by Me . Yeah i got skillz.
Mattfreesolostraight-1
(above) This photo was taken By Daniel Madson of me free soloing a easy route at Morrison. There is a lot more to climb there than just at the black hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment