Monday, April 11, 2011

stow away kitchen table

my little project for the weekend was to build a stow away kitchen table, i live in a small house and i am sick of eating on the couch with my demon cat trying to steal my food and knock over my beer....


This is how the table looks while in the vertical position. I painted a white pattern on the back of the table to simulate a piece of art hanging on the wall, so it doesn't look like a table hanging on the wall... which it is....not too sure if i achieved that goal.



this is a side view, you can see the metal conduit  legs that stow away in the table, you can also see magnets that keep the table locked to the wall while stowed.



The legs... with a wooden platform to protect my already shitty hardwood floor.

zoom, of the magnets...

 the opening in action.

in the down position. 


No comments:

Post a Comment